Monday, August 23, 2010

Seeking Maghfirah from Al-Ghafur

Allahuma innaka 'afuwwun karimun tuhibbul 'afwa fa ‘afu anni
(O Allah! You are the Most Forgiving and Most Gracious! You love to forgive, so forgive my errors and sins)

Everyday I look at the mirror and see the same face. She sometimes looks happy sometimes she worries; sometimes she smiling sometimes she cries and sometimes she looks fierce sometimes she appears emotionless. She's just another ordinary living creature taking a small space in earth to live. Although actually she is so much so wanted to be someone who can give great impact to the humankind and not only an ordinary people! ;) So, she tries her best to portray good attitude etc at all times, which she realizes that it is quite difficult. To be good is not an easy task, it's a path full of challenges and tests and she needs to sacrifice a lot in doing so.
This same person at times whine and most of the times she did not notice it. I was and am really appreciate and grateful to find a friend who has the courage to tell me when I whine. She reminded me that whining is a sign of ungratefulness to the Lord, to what He has provided me with. I felt as if I was hit by something hard at my head because I know what she said is true. Astaghfirullahal'azim.. I was engulfed by shame and sin, till I didn't realize crystal drops flow on my cheeks at that moment :'(  

O Allah, forgive me when I whine...

"Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves." (Al-Baqarah:222)

Ahmed Bukhatir-Forgive me when I whine

No comments:

Post a Comment