Tuesday, January 12, 2010

malaysia my homeland

Nov.14 was the date I have been longing for. MALAYSIA my LOVE, here I come! I never thought I would feel this way as I didn't cry and feel homesick when I left for NZ in Feb 2009. I think it's funny! hehehe..First meal I had were ROTI CANAI n TEH TARIK. Abg bought me those although I didn't feel like having any; saddened by the fact that I wouldn't be staying long in KL. I wanna stay longer, catch up with ACIK, ALANG, KAK LONG, KAK NANA and NENEK. So, we headed to Ipoh after everyone had their dinner. Throughout the night I couldn't sleep and I force my mom to chat with me all night long! So sorry mak..I knew I shouldn't but I just need a friend to talk to..Every experience, every activity, every story had been told. We shared laughter most of the time :)
Hafezz and his family came by to visit me and my family 2 days before Raya celebration. My mom and I prepared sambal tumis udang, daging masak kicap and pecal for lunch. And the dessert was Bangkok Kaya Cake, my mom's specialty :D It was raining that day but am glad they could finally find my house. It's very difficult to find my house, I know..
Raya was extremely FUN! Most of my family members came and we talked and laughed and took our breath and laughed again..It was too good to be true :)
I stayed in Serdang for 2 weeks after Raya- to finish my assignment. I have to, since the materials I needed weren't available online. That's what Malaysia lacking of-publication! It's not that our researchers aren't doing their job well, it's just that they prefer to publish it in proceedings than an international journals?? But I reckoned, they can't publish the papers as they have put everything in the proceedings because one can't send the paper after they have put it in proceedings. So, moral of the story is: do not put everything in proceedings; only an extended abstract OR else u have to make some amendments on it in order to publish ;) Alhamdulillah, I managed to complete my assignment within the time frame :)
The following week, I went to Langkawi Island with mom; actually to accompany Shahaza for her interview at Underwater World. 3 days and 2 nights at Pantai Cenang. The place was so beautiful like Shangrila, subhanAllah...jogged and walked every morning, felt the breezed, the sand was soft like silk. During the night, the sky was so black and they stars shine like diamonds! Ya Rabb, your creation is marvelous! I shopped till I wanna drop dead looking at the bills :)) haha..
To tell you the truth, I could never imagine I can make it there. Usually, Alang or Abang would accompany my mom and I. But this time, I handled everything. Wuhoooo! And the most important part is, WE SURVIVED! hahaa..alhamdulillah for His guidance.
Owh, btw, Shahaza managed to get the job! She has started her duty last week, 5th January 2009. Good luck to you sista! Hope you'll enjoy every bit of it.. I know it will be difficult during this first phase, well they do know that we didn't have a formal education on wildlife and marine life. So, keep on reading! Jia you to you and me :)

1 comment: